If a Host or Driver would like to request a reimbursement due to an unsuccessful trip*, they must adhere to the guidelines below:
- Provide time-stamped before and after photos of the car, which includes but is not limited to photos of the interior, exterior, fuel gauge, speedometer, and tires of the vehicle
- Submit receipts if applicable with the date, time, and amount clearly visible
- The person seeking reimbursement must contact the other party through the SHAiR app messaging feature
- Minor reimbursements for fuel, electric charge, light wear and tear, tickets, excessive mileage, etc. must be submitted within 48 hours of the completed trip to the SHAiR Team
- Major reimbursements for damages to the exterior, interior, tires, rims, etc. or for smoking or marijuana violations must be submitted within 24 hours of the completed trip to the SHAiR Team
- Reimbursements for towing must be made within 72 hours of the completed trip. Photos must be submitted within 7 days of the reimbursement request and clearly show the dated invoice and dated payment receipt
- Cleaning reimbursements must be submitted within 24 hours of the completed trip
- Accidents must be reported within 24 hours of the completed trip
If approved, it may take 3-5 business days for the funds to be credited back to your original payment method.
*An unsuccessful trip for a Host means that the car was returned to the Host in worse condition than when it was picked up, or the Host was inconvenienced in some way. An unsuccessful trip for a Driver means the vehicle or trip was not as expected, the Driver was inconvenienced in some way, or the Driver had to pay for an expense over the course of the trip that they were not responsible for.